In our ongoing effort to improve the security of your personal identity and financial information:
Effective June 30, 2013, international signature based or online transactions are no longer allowed with Premier Bank issued ATM/Debit Cards.
If you are traveling to a foreign country or would like to purchase online from an international (foreign) company, we are able to make these services available on an individual card basis. We would ask that you call into the bank to inform us of your travel plans and we will be happy to activate international debit purchases for the duration of your time abroad.
Please call Premier Bank Customer Support at 563-588-1000 with any questions or concerns or stop by any of our offices to visit with a Retail Banker.
Here are some other practical solutions for preventing identity theft:
- Always be suspicious of unsolicited e-mail.
- Use debit cards like credit cards, i.e., with a signature, not your PIN code.
- Enable encryption on wireless routers when setting up a home network.
- Shop only on secure websites (look for the padlock or "https" instead of just "http" in the address bar.)
- Use credit cards instead of debit cards when shopping online.
- Don't store your financial information in accounts with online retailers.